Sunday, October 4, 2009

YUM! APPLE PIE TODAY!




Hot out of the oven and on the menu today, Apple Pie! The steam was still rising when I took these pictures, lol!

I'm having my daughter, my son-in-law and 2 grandchildren for dinner today and on the menu is Lasagna, Olive Garden Bread Sticks and Apple Pie! Yum! We were recently in Georgia and missed both my daughter and son in laws birthdays :( So I'm making up for it!

Here's my recipe for Old Fashion Apple Pie!

1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 4 tablespoons flour and a dash of salt.
6 cups apples ( I use equal of Granny Smith, McIntosh and Jonathon apples)
2 T butter
Pillsbury Pie Crust ( I use to always make my crust from scratch, but Pillsbury has made it too easy)

Combine sugar,cinnamon, flour and salt. Add this to your sliced apples and toss lightly. Pour into pie plate and dot with butter. Make slits on top of crust.

Bake at 425 for 40-50 minutes. (I love mixing these 3 kinds of apples together)

Hope you're all having a wonderful Fall Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I am on my way...yumm! This is to pretty to eat! Happy Fall, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Candice...that has to be the prettiest apple pie ever!! The menu sounds divine, I'm sure they loved and appreciated it all ~ I hope you have a wonderful week sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! What a beautiful pie! I make a simple crust that is basically flour and butter. You simply press it into the pan. Easy! Sounds like a delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pie looks absolutely mouth-watering! Julia :-)

    ReplyDelete